Giving Thanks in 2020•
Posted on November 24 2020
This Thanksgiving will look a little different for our family this year, and I’m guessing it may for you, too. One thing that has always helped me to keep perspective, especially during darker times, is practicing gratitude. As I sit here, tonight, planning for the week ahead and feeling somewhat saddened by the change in routine life, I am also reminded of so many things that have brought me joy this year, this month and each day. I have found value in writing down these things and so I challenge you to do the same this week. And when you do, please don’t hesitate to share them!
10 Things I’m Thankful For in 2020
- Our triple rainbow babe, Lennon Arabella, was born in January. I can’t even begin to imagine this year without her. We waited three long years for her because I think someone knew I needed her THIS year in particular.
- Countless walks with my family, enjoying the simplicity and all the beauty of the outdoors.
- Technology and the ability to stay connected, and in some ways connect MORE, with friends and family.
- Opening up the shop and taking the next step in my business. For accepting the challenge of the timing of it all, but making the most of it.
- Extra time with my little man, Max. Max did not attend in-person school this year, which was an incredibly difficult decision for us. Although each day has had its challenges, I have loved spending every day with my little dude. He is so full of life and personality, and there is truly never a dull moment (as many of you have seen!).
- A supportive, fun, loving, selfless and generous partner to do life with. Thankfully, even during quarantine, we managed to not get sick of each other…yet! ;)
- YOU! My customers, MY FRIENDS, who have always been supportive of my dreams and continue to motivate, encourage and inspire me.
- Challenges…yes, that’s right. I’m thankful for the countless challenges that 2020 brought. My mental and emotional strength were tested numerous times and I’m thankful for the opportunities to grow, learn and become more aware.
- Sleep! Oh my gosh. I’ve never been more thankful for sleep (and for baby Max who was an amazing sleeper) than after Lennon’s first six months of life. And with sleep comes…
- COFFEE. Sounds silly but every morning, I look forward to choosing a mug from my semi-embarassing extensive collection, frothing up some milk and making a yummy cup of half caff coffee.
What are you thankful for this holiday season? Don’t forget to take some time and practice gratitude. WHO are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? Don’t forget to let them know.
And when you’re done practicing gratitude, how about a little stress relief? You, your friends, family and kiddos can do some coloring with this free Wild & Precious coloring page. Download here.
Happy Thanksgiving, friends. Please know just how thankful I am for YOU!